Jen Loves Dan Carter... no wait Richie McCaw...


All Jacks' Witness the All Blacks on July 8th, 2006, Jade Stadium... simply awesome.
Watching the All Blacks play the Wallabies was a truly unique experience. With 35,000 Kiwis and and several hundred Aussies in attendence the atmosphere was electric. The stage was set with the singing of the national anthems, during which I hummed O' Canada, and the most riveting Haka to date. It was only the 3rd time the All Blacks have presented this 'new' Haka, and the crowd absolutely ate it up. As soon as it became apparent that this was not the usual Haka, the crowd went off like a roman candle on the first of July. As good ol' JR (Jim Ross) would say, you could cut the tension with a knife.
The game was back and forth for about 10 minutes, when the Aussies finally punched home a try. This must have really pissed off AB #2 (Kevin Mealamu, a fan favorite) as his reponded with 2 fairly quick trys of his own. And from that point on the ABs had their way with the young, inexperience Wallabies. The pics are of Jen's favorite player, AB captain Richie McCaw, and the ABs lining up for a kick off. PS, #6 took a piss on the field and (surprise, surprise) it was caught on camera. I guess when you gotta go, you gotta go.
All in all, a phenomenal experience that was a must do while in NZ.
We are looking forward to going home where we can relive the rivalry with Jen's dad and his australian heritage.

5 Comments:
At 1:09 a.m.,
Fuds said…
According to female opinion I look like Dan Carter. peow peow
At 1:09 a.m.,
Fuds said…
Was an amazing game and an amzing experience. Go the AB's!!!!
At 11:49 a.m.,
All Jacks' said…
I will leave your Dan Carter comment alone. It scares me.
It was an amazing game. I need to get video footage of that Haka, so I can take it home and remember it forever.
Any thoughts?
At 11:55 p.m.,
Fuds said…
Yo! my flattie (Dev) recorded the haka on his camera!!! or you could contact Sky or tvNZ to get a copy maybe
At 11:48 p.m.,
Fatt said…
Hey Action...just stumbled across your blog through Ricks. Hows it goin? Congrats on the wedding! Keep in touch...I might even get into this blog stuff if I can find a spare minute or two...
Later...and enjoy Oz. I loved it there.
Post a Comment
<< Home