Skiing on Mt Hutt


Last year was a terrible year for skiing here in NZ. However, with the recent dump of snow, most hills are off to a great start. I was asked if I would drive some students up to Mt Hutt. In return, my lift pass and rentals would be paid for. Deal or No Deal? Deal. I even got them to pay for Jen's pass and rentals.
We got to the top of Mt Hutt. No Jabba in sight. In fact, after about a half hour of skiing, you couldn't see much beyond 20 feet.
The first pic was on the way up, around 8:30am. The second was around 2:00pm. The snow was in good condition, although it is weird skiing with no trees around. I managed to get about 12 runs in before they asked us to leave the mountain. Weather conditions were rapidly declining and the road in and out of the lodge is dodgy at best.

2 Comments:
At 6:00 p.m.,
Turner said…
Dude - how many years has it been since youve hit the slopes?
At 8:36 p.m.,
All Jacks' said…
I did some snowboarding about 4 years back. Skiing is like riding a bike. Once I got on the slopes and started carving, I was right at home. Took me back to my days of bouncing down the face, and hitting the cabin run. Good times!
Post a Comment
<< Home