Sweet Home Canada
It doesn't quite have the same ring as Leonard Skynard's "Sweet Home Alabama", but it sounds pretty good none the less. So, after a very long day of travel, Jen and I arrived back in Vancouver. We left Christchurch on Friday (Aug 4th) at 7:00am, flew to Syndey, then to Honolulu, and finally on to Vancouver where we landed at 11:00am (August 4th). Yep, same day, gotta love the International Date Line.
We arrived home to absolutely beautiful weather. So far we have done heaps of lounging around the pool as we try to lose our winter pale. I have my first game of golf scheduled for Monday. It will be nice to tee off wearing less than 3 layers. Although I am still stinging from my last match. Pete took home the prize which I coveted. On the bright side, at least I did not finish last, eh Tim?
It was sad to say goodbye to our friends in Chch. There definitely are some good people on the Canterbury Plains. Thanks to Jo, Ro and Tim for their hospitality last week. Thanks to Pete and Frances for "Nature's Best". An ideal gift for sure. Thanks to Uncle Dave and Aunt Mary for your opening your home to us, and for the countless hours of mc/everything support. Good luck to the boys as they continue to hammer away at each other. Remember it is not about winning, but about not finishing last. We are looking forward to seeing you guys when ever you make your way to the Great White North.
Cheers,
Brent and Jen
We arrived home to absolutely beautiful weather. So far we have done heaps of lounging around the pool as we try to lose our winter pale. I have my first game of golf scheduled for Monday. It will be nice to tee off wearing less than 3 layers. Although I am still stinging from my last match. Pete took home the prize which I coveted. On the bright side, at least I did not finish last, eh Tim?
It was sad to say goodbye to our friends in Chch. There definitely are some good people on the Canterbury Plains. Thanks to Jo, Ro and Tim for their hospitality last week. Thanks to Pete and Frances for "Nature's Best". An ideal gift for sure. Thanks to Uncle Dave and Aunt Mary for your opening your home to us, and for the countless hours of mc/everything support. Good luck to the boys as they continue to hammer away at each other. Remember it is not about winning, but about not finishing last. We are looking forward to seeing you guys when ever you make your way to the Great White North.
Cheers,
Brent and Jen

2 Comments:
At 4:57 p.m.,
Turner said…
Welcome home kids!
At 9:18 a.m.,
Lorraine said…
Welcome Back! And Happy Belated Birthday!
Post a Comment
<< Home